|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Aug 3 2018 - Run Jump Throw Wheel Atlantics
Run Jump Throw Wheel Atlantics were held this past weekend in P.E.I. with no shortage of young and lively New Brunswick athletes. Team NB claimed highly sought-after titles in various events throughout all of the disciplines.
Some stand out performances include:
- Reese Godfrey won both the 60m and the Softball Throw in the girls 9 & Under category. Reese also placed second in the Girls 9 & Under 150m run. Notably, in the Softball Throw, Reese out threw second place by over 5 Meters!
- Quinn Sullivan of Saint John Track Club (SJTC) came first in the Boys 12-13 150m run and first in the boys 12-13 Javelin Throw. Sullivan also placed second in the Boys 12-13 80m run.
- Sam Ringuette won double gold in the boys 10-11 category. Sam placed first in both the 600m and the Long Jump off of a 1-meter board. Sam also placed second in the 150m.
- Jacob Ferron, a young New Brunswick sprinter, placed first in both the 80m and 150m for Boys 10-11 years old.
- Maxime Turcotte won the 9 & Under 150m sprint as well as claiming a third place finish in the 60m.
- Francis Roussel took home a first place medal in the Boys 12-13 80m run while also snatching a second place finish in the 150m race.
On top of these performances, many other NB athletes placed well in the competition; receiving some of the best times we’ve seen to date. Although Atlantics marks the end of the summer Track and Field season for these youngsters, ANB looks forward to see what next season has in store for them!
Full Results can be found online at: http://anb.ca/Results/view-results.php?id=1038
Photos from the event can be found online at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2771136266245412.1073741999.163340143691717&type=1&l=dbfe03c3b6
• 2019-06-17 - Silver Medal for Robertson at Canadian Combined Events Champs