|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Aug 7 2018 - Team NB ready for Legion Nationals
New Brunswick will be once again well represented at the 2018 Royal Canadian Legion Youth Track and Field Championships which will take place August 10th-12thin Brandon, Manitoba
36 athletes aged 14-17 will represent Team New Brusnwick will be competing against the best athletes in Canada. Among these athletes an incredible 8 hold provincial records. Here are some athletes to watch at this year championship:
- Erin Vringer of Saint John, who holds the 1200m, 2000m and 1500m steeplechase records. Vringer previously took home the silver medal in the 2000m event at the championships and is looking to better her time and ranking this year. Going into the competition she is ranked first in the 2000m, second in the 1200m and third in the 1500m Steeplechase among her age group.
- Shelby MacIsaac of Riverview will be making another appearance at Nationals, coming back from two fourth place finishes last year. She will be competing int the 200m and 100m where she is currently ranked 9thand 6th among athletes her age, respectively.
- Craig Thorne of Quispamsis holds the 100m hurdle record and will make this his second year competing at the championships. He is currently ranked 5thgoing into the competition for the 100m hurdle, and is ranked 4th in the 400m hurdle event.
- Danielle Keefe of Fredericton is ranked 4th headlining into the U17 3000m.
- Owen Enstrom of Salisbury will be competing in the 300m and the 800m where he is currently ranked 6thand 2nd, respectively.
- Francois Richard of Moncton (athlete on the picture) who is currently ranked second among athletes his age for the 1500m Steeplechase competition while also being ranked fourth in the 2000m.
- Tristan Morneault of Moncton who is currently ranked 8thin the 2000m Steeplechase competition.
‘’This team is among the best we have brought to the National Legion Championships ‘’ said Gabriel LeBlanc technical director of Athletics New Brunswick. ‘’ The Legion program is an incredible stepping stone for our athletes. We thank the Royal Canadian Legion to offer such a great opportunity to athletes all across Canada.’’ Added LeBlanc
Picture from: Jim Neale Photography (Atlantic Track & Field Championship, 2018)
• 2019-06-21 - More Than 15 Provincial Record Holders Competing This Weekend