|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Aug 24 2018 - NB excels at Canada 55+ Games-Track and Field
With the Canada 55+ games coming to a close once again, NB athletes are going home with great performances, lots of PBs, as well as a few provincial records! The games took place in Saint John over the last few days and the athletes had no problem holding their own on home turf.
Here are some highlights from the games:
- Frank Kelly who competed in the M75 category smashed provincial records in the 400m, 800m, 1500m, and 3000m; with times of 1:47.5, 3:52.0, 8:02.4, and 16:02.0, respectively.
- Sharon Peabody (on the right in the picture) competed in the W60 category and came in fourth-place in the 50m dash with an impressive time of 9.5s.
- Bruce Rosvall who competed in the M55 category took home a first-place finish in the 50m race with a time of 7.0s. Rosvall also competed in the 100m and 200m races which he also took home a gold medals in, with times of 12.7s and 26.0s, respectively.
- Yvan Pelletier who competed in the M60 category took home a first-place finish in the 50m as well with a time of 7.4s. He also competed in the 100m, 200m and 400m races and came out on top with a times of 14.0s, 29.8s, and 59.4s respectively.
- Mary Brosnan who competed in the 400m and 1500m run coming out with bronze medals, and times of 1:43.7 and 7:42.9, respectively, in the W60 category.
- Paul Sands who competed in the M60 category went home with a second-place finish in the 800m and a speedy time of 2:57.3. Sands also competed in the 1500m race and finished in second place with a time of 6:12.3.
- Paul Thibodeau competed in the M55 category and finished the 3000m race with a time of 11:31.2, a silver medal, and a new provincial record.
- Ross Belyea (on the left in the picture) competed in the M70 Long Jump and had a best jump of 3.79m, coming out on top of the competition. Ross also took home the title in the triple jump with a leap of 8.18m, beating out second place by almost one and a half meters!
- Fran Harris competed in the W55 shot put, throwing an outstanding distance of 9.12m, and went home with a gold medal.
- Monica Hitchcock competed in the W60 javelin throw and came out on top with an impressive distance of 23.30m.
- Mike Robinson competed in the M55 javelin event, smashing his previous provincial record by over two meters, with a throw of 37.72m.
For full results please visit: http://anb.ca/Results/view-results.php?id=1040.
• 2019-06-21 - More Than 15 Provincial Record Holders Competing This Weekend