|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
May 16 2019 - ASEA Spring Open - Highlights
ASEA Spring Open - Highlights
This weekend saw numerous notable performances at the annual ASEA Spring Open, which took place on Saturday, May 11th at the Moncton 2010 Stadium. Over the years this meet has proved to be a great season opener for plenty of track and field athletes in Moncton, as well as many other Atlantic track clubs. This year we had below average weather with a high of around 8 degrees for the morning/afternoon of track and field events.
Some highlights include:
- Craig Thorne of SJTC with an excellent time in the Junior 110m Hurdle event, breaking the provincial record by almost a full second with a time of 14.38, despite a head wind of -0.9. Later in the day Craig ran a respectable 57.17 in the 400m Hurdle race.
- Janelle Allanach of ASEA came out on top in the 300m Hurdle event, with an impressive time of 47.94.
- Sophie Dube of Fredericton winning the Girls 14-15 Long Jump competition with a jump of 4.29m
- Neal MacLean competing unattached finished the Masters 5000m event with a time of 19:11.78
- Andrew Rinzler also competing unattached finished the Masters 100m sprint with a time of 12.76 in the final
- Cameron Harris of SJTC won the 16-17 Boys 800m event with a time of 2:08.77
Full results from the event can be found here!
• 2019-07-18 - Final two athletes for the Legion Nationals provincial team