|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Jul 8 2019 - Legion Provincial Championships (Trials) This Weekend!
Are you looking for more information on how to qualify for Team NB for Canadian Legion Youth Track & Field Championships? Here's everything you need to know!
- Must be between the ages of 13 and 17 in 2019. **Athletes born in 2006 (13 years old) must register in U16 age category (instead of U14) to be considered for Team NB. U14 age category event results will not be considered for team selection.
- Must participate and come in top 2 in their event(s) at Legion Provincial Championships on July 13 & 14 in Moncton, NB. Deadline to register is Tuesday, July 9th at this link: https://www.anb.ca/Calendar/view-event.php?id=1547
- Must visit the Legion tent during Legion Provincial Championships for team uniform sizing and to fill out all necessary forms, including event declaration for seasonal best performances. All forms must be received before the end of the Legion Provincial Championships as no late submissions will be accepted.
- All results from ANB, IAAF, Athletics Canada or USATF sanctioned competitions between April 1 and July 14, 2019 can be used towards meeting the Legion Team Standards if the athlete was a member of ANB prior to the start of the meet. Performances from NBIAA and Jeux de l'Acadie meets are considered if the athlete was a member of ANB prior to the start of the meet.
- All eligible individual performances are measured against the program Standards approved by the Legion Committee. Those athletes achieving the top thirty-six (36) measurements generally will be invited to be part of the team.
- Canadian Legion Youth Track & Field Championships are from August 7 to 13 in Cape Breton, Nova-Scotia.
Full qualification information detailed in the 2019 Athletics Program and Team New Brunswick Selection document available here: https://www.anb.ca/Programs/royal-canadian-legion.php
Team Standards available in the 2019 Team Standards document available here: https://www.anb.ca/Programs/royal-canadian-legion.php
Athlete Profile form and Event Declaration forms are available here: https://www.anb.ca/Programs/royal-canadian-legion.php
For more information of if you have any questions, please contact either:
Team NB Head Coach: Alex Stuart at.
Provincial Chairman of the New Brunswick Legion Athletics Committee: John Ladouceur at email@example.com
• 2019-07-17 - Legion provincial team