|Latest News||Recent News Headlines|
Feb 8 2020 - NB Indoor Championships & University Invitational Recap
Over the weekend, over 340 athletes descended on Saint John’s Irving Oil Field House to mark the largest indoor competition in the Atlantic region this year for the 2020 New Brunswick Indoor Championships and University Invitational.
Most Atlantic university schools sent teams, along with club athletes and open athletes, which made for an exciting atmosphere in the field house. While the atmosphere off the track was second to none, the action on the track and in the field also spoke volumes.
New provincial records broken were as follows:
- Frank Kelly - Masters 80-84 - 800m - 4.03.25 & 1500m 8.18.03
- Calvin McDonald - Masters Age 60-64 - Weight Throw - 10.37m
- Dave Jefferson - Masters 75-79 - Weight Throw - 11.15m – Long Jump 2.65m
- Erin Vringer - U18 - 800m 2.15.92
- Sharon Peabody – Masters 60-64 60m Hurdle 15.62s – Long Jump 2.57m
Saint John Track & Field Club took home the team banner with 430 points, and Athletisme Chaleur Athletics took second with 218 points.
There were some impressive performances across the board, and we’re excited to see where athletes take the rest of the indoor season and lead into the outdoor season.
Full results from the championships can be found here:
• 2020-03-26 - Joni Colwell Selected as Female Apprentice Coach for 2021 Games