Bids open for NB Provincial Outdoor Championships
Athletics New Brunswick is seeking interested clubs who would like to co-host the New Brunswick Outdoor Championships in collaboration with ANB, and in accordance with Policy 3.0, to submit proposals no later than June 27th, at 5:00pm.
Given the nature of the ongoing pandemic, we understand it is difficult to plan an event which may or may not take place. It is our intent to host a one-day NB Provincial Championship event at July 24th, however if provincial restrictions prevent any given NB health zone from participating two weeks prior to the competition, the NB Provincial Championships will not go-ahead. In lieu of, the host club can opt to host a non-championship event, to be organized within the parameters and restrictions at the time of the event.
WHAT: New Brunswick Outdoor T&F Championships
WHEN: Saturday July 24th – Sunday July 25th
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS: June 27th at 5:00pm ADT
SHARING OF REGISTRATION REVENUE: 60% to Host-Club; 40% to ANB (includes $2 ANB fee)
ANB will provide registration services, all its available summer students, Championship medals, and Championship banner, and Subway-lunch for the officials. ANB ED and staff will also be on hand. Host-Club will keep all other revenue sources (sponsorships, spectator gate receipt, etc..).
CRITERIA BEING EVALUATED IN SELECTION:
- Proposed location of Championship (City, Venue)
- Proposed Operational Plan, and what Covid-precautions will be in place
- Expected number of registered athletes (currently a maximum of under 150 including coaches, athletes, officials and volunteers)
- Expected registration revenue
- Expected number of host-club volunteers* (excluding officials)
- Expected number of host-club officials*
- Expected number of non-host-club officials*
*Pending provincial restrictions
All proposals must be submitted to email@example.com and address the above-mentioned information.
We thank clubs for their interest in hosting this event. Once a club is selected, this will be shared with the Club, and our membership via social media platforms such as www.anb.ca ; through Facebook, and Instagram.