Eventful weekend for NB athletes in Sherbrooke
This past weekend, a few of our ANB athletes competed in the Ian Hume Invitational in Sherbrooke, QC. Also, the 13th annual Hub City Classic was held at the local Croix Bleue Medavie Stadium in Moncton. The weather at each competition was a true game changer for the athletes who competed.
A few Aetos athletes made their way to Sherbrooke to compete at the infamous Ian Hume meet at the newly renovated Université de Sherbrooke Stadium that will host this year’s Canadian Legion T&F Championships in early August.
- Samuel Bourque was able to surpass is Seasons best in both the Shot Put and Discus with impressive throws of 15.43m and 45.50m
- Max Mazerolle won the Senior Men’s Decathlon with a score of 5646 pts, throwing an impressive 53.14m in the Javelin event.
- Guillaume Basque finished off his weekend by winning the U20 Boy’s Decathlon with a score of 5223 pts.
- Jarod Manuel highlighted his weekend setting a new PB in Hammer with a 47.00m
We would like to thank Athlétisme Sherbrooke for hosting such a great meet!
At the 13th annual Hub City Classic, athletes from all over the Maritimes were in action in Moncton.
- Luc Gaudet, SJ Reds, took home the victory in both the 100m and 400m with times of 11.60 and 54.49.
- Ethan Wilkie, SJ Reds, took the win in the Men’s 200m over ASEA’s sprint star, Francis Charles Roussel.
- Andy Justason jumped to new heights by setting a new NB Masters record with a jump of 1.58m in High Jump
- SJ Reds Kalevi Karhi (1:59.78) and Peighton Johnson (2:20.82), both took home the wins in the Men’s and Woman’s 800m races.