ANB Update - March 8, 2021
As New Brunswick transitions back to the Yellow Alert Level of its Covid-19 pandemic recovery plan, Athletics New Brunswick wishes to inform its members of the changes outlined in our Return to Sport Plan as of March 8, 2021.
The following are some of the changes implemented (all highlighted in yellow in the document).
- Sport Competition Directives: Sport competitions with less than 150 participants will be allowed as follows:
- Individual sport meets/events/races may host competitions with less than 150 participants in their public health zone but may only host intra-Provincial events with less than 50 participants
- Separate operational plans are required for specific competitions and clinics which must address travel, etc in addition to the usual risk mitigation measures.
- The term “Participants” includes athletes, coaches and officials.
- Baton Relays are permitted with additional safety measures put in place.
A full outline of ANB's operational plan and Return to Sport Plan can be found HERE.
The Sport & Recreation Branch's Freqquently Asked Questions (March 5, 2021) can be found HERE.