Successful weekend for New Brunswick Athletes
‘Over the weekend a number of New Brunswick athletes competed at the ASEA Open as well as various competitions over the border in the US.
Most notably, Erin Vringer of SJ Reds Track Club won the Loucks mile at the Glenn D. Loucks Games in White Plains, New York. With an impressive time of 4:46.83, Vringer topped the 38 athlete field, the time was also good for the 3rd fastest in the meet’s 54 year history.
At the New Balance Battle Road Twilight Series, a contingent of SJ Reds Track Club athletes saw fast times and a number of personal best results.
· Carys Jacobson won the 100m and 200m with personal bests times of 12.20 and 25.09.
· Ivy Bialowas came 4th in the women's 1500m with a time of 4:48.38.
· Ethan Wilkie took second place in the 400m with a time of 50.79.
· Mitchel Kean came 5th in the New Balance featured 800m race with a time of 1:52.44 in a field featuring a number of professional athletes.
· Chance Blackstone came 3rd in the men's 1500 with a time of 3:59.09.
· Sam Lamount came fourth in the men's 5k with a time of 15:09.22.
In Moncton 100 athletes competed in the ASEA Open with many promising results:
· Lexie Girouard, ASEA, collected two golds in the 800 and 1500 meters.
· Francis Charles Roussel, ASEA, showed great results this early in the season by clocking an 11.55 in the 100m & a 23.19 in the 200m.
· Aaron LeBlanc, Aetos, won the men’s discus & hammer.
· Heather Leblanc, Aetos, claimed gold in the women’s shot put, discus, javelin & hammer. Her shot put was 8.42m and is a new ANB Master’s record.
The next meets on the schedule are the ASEA Twilight #2 in Moncton on Tuesday, May 17th. Followed by the SJ Reds & SJHS Spring Meet in Saint John on Saturday May 21st. Note that there will be the Canada Games Spring Clinic and Team Event following the meet on Saturday for any Canada Games eligible athletes wishing to attend. There will also be the Skiffington / Grant Challenge in Moncton on Saturday the 21st. Registration links for all events can be found below.
SJ Reds & SJHS Spring Meet
Canada Games Team Event
Skiffington / Grant Challenge